Everything Burly 6-pack Sampler
We at Taylor's Wine Shop love everything Burly. Hank and Bernice McCrorie, owners of Burly, happen to be from Hickory, NC! They have a first class grape growing and wine making team in Napa Valley, and the wines are stunning. We just received new vintages, including one Cabernet that is his first release ever from the Sciandri Vineyard.
This sampler includes 1 bottle of each of the 6 current vintage Burly wines at AMAZING discounts. Don't take our word for it. Try one of each for yourself!
1. Burly Special Selection 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon* - Hank almost kept all of this vintage to himself. For real. It's his favorite. He was nice enough to send us a small amount from his personal stash. This is a one-time deal. As always, Special Selection is from the top barrels of Cabernet from the Simpkins Vineyard in Coombsville, Napa. *this wine is only available to purchase in this Everything Burly sampler and in the Burly Special sampler
2. Burly Special Selection 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon - We've been anxiously awaiting the release of this new vintage of Special Selection. This is a blend of the top 6 barrels from the 2015 Simpkins Vineyard Cab. Black cherry aromas layered with bright fruit notes and oak. Velvety and intense. Aromas of cassis and black berries meld seamlessly with notes of pomegranate, and anise. This is an elegantly structured wine with silkiness through the midpalate and a persistent, juicy finish. Deep, coating tannins ensure that this wine will age beautifully in the cellar.
3. Burly Simpkins Vineyard 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon - A striking balance of fruit, and a thick viscous mouth feel, the 2017 Burly Cabernet Sauvignon is truly a remarkable wine that will provide years of enjoyment. Aromas of cassis and black berries meld seamlessly with notes of chocolate, and anise. The rich, plush mouth feel elegantly transforms into sweetness by supple tannins and lovely oak integration.
4. Burly Sciandri Vineyard 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon -
Aromas of dark plum, cassis and anise meld seamlessly with savory dried herbs. The mouth transforms into raspberry sweetness and a mineral note. This palate coating wine has a great toasted oak long finish. Only 200 cases produced.
The Sciandri Vineyard in the Coombsville area just east of the city of Napa. The 4 acre vineyard, planted with clone 337 has a western exposure that stays cool thru influences of the San Pablo Bay. This allows for long hang time that usually harvests at the end of October. The soil is well drained rocky hillside, primarily Hambright-Rock outcrop complex and Coombs gravelly loam.
5. Burly 2016 Napa Sauvignon Blanc - Sourced from a low yielding block of grapes and produces an intense wine with aromas of white peach and pear. At first swirl, stone fruit and pineapple aromas leap from the glass. The palate has rich flavors of nectarine and lemon meringue supported by elegant minerality and lively acidity. The sur lie aging rounds out this wine, creating a broad mid palate and a smooth lingering finish.
6. Burly 2018 Napa Chardonnay - sourced from the Razi vineyard and produces an intense wine with aromas of pineapple and oak. At first swirl, complex oak, vanilla and butter leap from the glass. The palate has rich flavors of lemon and pear which are supported by elegant minerality and lively acidity. The sur lie aging rounds out this wine, creating a broad mid palate and a smooth lingering finish of oak and citrus.